Question: I am interested in renting a home or apartment. What is the process like?

Answer: We are glad you have chosen us and we are excited to help you move into your new home! First, contact our leasing office to review available rentals and select a property that is right for you. Once you have selected a property or apartment unit, complete a Rental Application. After your application is approved, you are ready to sign a lease for your new home.


Question: I am ready to apply for a new home. Does Chuck Rich Properties use background checks or credit reports in the application process?

Answer: Yes. We access third party background and credit reports on each applicant prior to approval. Please see our privacy policy to learn how we use your information. (Spoiler: we don’t share it)


Question: I am self-employed. How can I provide proof of income for my rental application?

Answer: We know you work hard and we want to make your application process as easy as possible. As a result, we will accept other forms of proof of income for those residents who cannot provide pay stubs. For self-employed applicants, please provide your 3 most recent federal tax returns (Schedule C and 1040) along with 3 months of bank statements demonstrating regular/recurring monthly income.


Question: I have already submitted my rental application. When can I place a deposit on a property and how long will it reserve my unit?

Answer: You may place a deposit with your application or any time thereafter. Your deposit reserves your unit for up to 30 days, but no more than 14 days after the unit becomes available for move-in. You have 24 hours from the time your application is approved to request a refund of your deposit without penalties. After 24 hours, your deposit is non-refundable. If you do not start your lease within 30 days of paying your deposit, your deposit will be forfeited.


Question: I am interested in renting. Do I need a co-signer on my lease?

Answer: Maybe. All undergraduate students must have a co-signer. Other applicants may need a co-signer depending on prior rental history, income, and length of full-time employment. If a co-signer is required, he or she must be added to both your application and lease.


Question: I need to add a co-signer to my application. Is there a fee for that?

Answer: Yes. There is an addition $30 application fee for each co-signer added to an application.


Question: I am an undergraduate student. Can I rent from Chuck Rich Properties?

Answer: Maybe. Chuck Rich Properties does not rent to first-year undergraduate students. However, we are more than happy to rent to upperclassmen with a co-signer. Please note that student loan or scholarship monies are not considered income for application purposes.


Question: I am interested in renting, but would like a short-term lease. What are my options?

Answer: Select properties offer 6-month and 9-month leases in addition to the standard 12-month option. Please contact our leasing office for more information about short-term lease availability. It is important to note that rental rates may vary slightly for short-term leases as our online prices are reflect rates for 12-month leases.

Question: Which utilities are included in my rent payment?

Answer: Your rent payment at any complex includes water, sewer, and trash services. If you are leasing at Boones Creek Villa, then your rent includes basic cable and high-speed internet. If you are leasing at Blakemore Court, then your rent includes all of your utilities (with an electricity cap).

Question: What is the average electric bill at a Chuck Rich Properties apartment?

Answer: Electric bills vary by unit size and by personal use, but you can expect to spend a minimum of $75 each month on electricity.

Question: What is the difference between a “garden”, “flat”, or “townhouse” unit?

Answer: Great question! “Garden” units are single-level units in one-story apartments. These units have few if any steps to enter and do not have upstairs or downstairs neighbors. “Flats” are also single-level apartments, but unlike garden units, these units are in multi-story buildings. Because Flats are in multi-story buildings, they typically have entry stairs and will have upstairs or downstairs neighbors. “Townhouses” are two-story units with common spaces downstairs and living quarters upstairs. These units have stairs inside and do not have upstairs or downstairs neighbors.


Question: Do you allow pets?

Answer: Yes! Most of our complexes and houses allow both dogs and cats. Please see our pet policy for more information on what types of pets we allow and what fees may be required. If you are a current resident, remember to get your pet approved and added to your lease BEFORE you bring him or her home.

Question: Do you accept credit or debit cards for payment?

Answer: Yes, we accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover, but a 3% convenience fee may apply. This 3% convenience fee is waived for application fees and security deposits but will apply to all other payments made by credit or debit card, including rent payments.