In oBlakemore Court Resident Information
Welcome to Chuck Rich Properties and Blakemore Court. Because we value our residents, we want to make your transition to our community and time with us as seamless as possible. Thus we have compiled a list of helpful topics for your reference.
As you move in, please break down the empty boxes prior to taking them to the dumpster. Your electricity will be turned on before you move in. Your mailbox is located near the entrance to the complex.
Your decorations make your rental feel like home and we understand that. We want to help you make your unit feel like home while also preserving it for future tenants. Hence, we have created several simple rules regarding decorations. Please follow the rules laid out below:
- Only use small nails for hanging wall decorations
- Do not use stickers or stick-ons for decoration or for hanging. Instead, use small nails to hang decorations on walls.
- Do not use ceiling hooks. Ceiling hooks can damage important overhead heat ducts and are therefore not allowed in our properties.
- Do not use nails on doors. Nail holes in doors are difficult to fill and can cause serious damage. Instead, try an over-the-door hook/hanger.
- Do not attach curtain rods to the wooden trim or frame around window. Instead, attach curtain rods to the wall on either side of your window.
If you are not sure how to hang your decoration in accordance with our policies, contact us for suggestions.
- Electricity: Up to $70/month of electricity usage is included in your rent. Any electricity charge in excess of $70 will be billed to your account and payable with the next month’s rent.
- Cable: Basic cable and TV service as well as basic high-speed internet, both from Comcast, are included in your rent.
- Phone: Can be provided by Century Link (423-462-4322) as desired. Residents typically pay a $25-$100 deposit, $27.50 for installation, and $13/month for basic service.
Help us keep our property clean for you and your fellow residents. Please take your garbage/trash to the dumpster when you are ready to dispose of it. Please keep all trash inside the dumpster.
Dogs and cars are welcome at Blakemore Court. However, prior approval MUST be received before bringing your pet into the complex. A pet lease is required for each pet. Please see our pet policy for more information. There is a pet charge of $25 per month per animal with vet certification, or $50 without vet certification. In addition, there is a non-refundable pet fee of $250 for the first pet and a non-refundable pet fee of $100 for the second pet. Cats must be declawed and all animals must be neutered or spayed. All pets at Blakemore Court are inside pets. Accordingly, your pets must not be allowed to roam unattended.
Your rental rate is based upon the number of persons agreed to at the time of the lease. If an additional roommate is brought in, he/she will be considered “another occupant” and you will be charged an additional $30 per month.
We want to preserve our landscaping for you and your fellow residents. Because of this, we ask all residents to please keep their vehicles on paved portions of our property. At no time is parking on the grass and/or sidewalks permitted. Also, no vehicles should go off the parking lot area into the grass and/or sidewalks. All residents must have a parking sticker on their car. Management will apply the sticker to the outside of the rear window. Stickers must be displayed in upper right corner of rear window (passenger side).
Apartment Complex Appearance
We want our complex to remain clean and beautiful for you and your fellow residents. Because of this, we ask all residents to keep their front walkway free of all personal items, with the exception of door mats. We also ask residents to leave only lawn furniture and gas grills on their rear decks. If you should need extra storage for out of season items, please contact the office. We do have some limited storage facilities available.
A maximum of 60 watt light bulb should be used with any enclosed light fixture. Using a higher wattage bulb is unsafe and can cause damage to the fixture and/or ceiling (a fire hazard). If you choose to use a light bulb in excess of 60 watts within an enclosed fixture, then you will be held responsible for any fire damage to our properties caused by the light bulb.
In order to keep pests at bay, your apartment will be treated by Dodson pest Control on the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
Our answering machine has an emergency number for you to call. This number directly connects you with one of our on-call employees. Call the emergency number only for a property emergency, such as a water leak or fire which would damage the property. If you have a medical emergency or any emergency requiring police or fire department assistance, call 911.
For routine maintenance requests outside or normal business hours, please leave a message on our answering machine and our staff will address your request during normal business hours. Do not call the emergency maintenance number for routine maintenance requests.